Thinking of what to do in Tennessee in October? In this Tennessee vacation guide, there’s something for everyone, whether you’re looking for outdoor activities, cultural experiences, or something a little more offbeat.
October is the perfect time to take advantage of some of the great sights that Tennessee has to offer. The leaves are changing to oranges, reds, and yellows, the trees in full display like a painting. With so many places to visit and explore, you will surely find something that meets your needs.
October in Tennessee offers not just stunning natural scenery, but also a plethora of cultural, historical, and recreational activities that cater to all tastes and ages.
Be sure to read on to check out some ideas on what to do in Tennessee in October.
What is There To Do in Tennessee For Fall Break?
There are plenty of things to do in Tennessee for fall break, from apple picking to visiting a plantation. Some other fun ideas include going to a corn maze, checking out the changing leaves at a state park, or taking a scenic drive.
Families can also have a blast at a pumpkin patch or hayrides. For those looking to explore, there are plenty of small towns to visit that offer unique experiences and attractions.
If you’re looking for some things to do in Tennessee, we’ve got you covered. Here are some we know you’ll enjoy:
- Check out a Broadway show or take a ghost tour in downtown Nashville. Visit the Belle Meade Plantation to learn about Southern culture and explore the beautiful grounds. Or get spooky at Haunted Tours of Tennessee, you never know what you’ll come across!
- If nature is your thing, head to Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga for hiking, biking, and more. Or take a ride at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and explore the city’s rail history. October is also a great time to get out on the river with some kayaking or canoeing.
- Experience Knoxville by attending Football Saturdays.
No matter what you choose to do, make sure you enjoy the crisp autumn weather! Check out other cool things you can do in Tennessee in October.
How cold is Tennessee in October?
In October, Tennessee experiences a moderate fall climate, with average temperatures ranging from 50°F (10°C) to 70°F (21°C). Early in the month, you may still catch some milder, late summer weather, but as the month progresses, expect cooler days and chillier nights.
While October generally offers a comfortably cool climate, it’s always a good idea to check closer to your travel date for the most accurate forecast.
Its a good idea to pack some sweaters and jackets for the evening. A light rain jacket may also come in handy, as there is a chance of showers throughout the month.
Download Our FREE Fall Packing List For The Smokies!
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
If you’re looking for more wonderful places to visit this fall, don’t miss this article on the best places to travel in October in the USA.
Road trips are best done in the fall. With the weather just right, the colors of fall are a breathtaking sight. Be sure to bring this printable road trip activity pack for the kids when they get fussy during the trip.