Choosing where to stay in the Smoky Mountains leaves you with so many options. In this Smoky Mountains vacation guide, we give you the best places to spend your vacation.
The Smoky Mountains communities have a distinct charm you can’t find anywhere else.
If you’ve ever wanted to visit the Smokies, and are looking for a place to spend your mountain getaway, we are excited to share our more than 40 years of experience in vacationing in these communities.
These gateway towns are home to some of the most rewarding mountain experiences in the Smokies.
Best Places To Stay In The Smoky Mountains
There are over 14 million annual visitors to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, making it the most popular national park in America.
While each town in the Smokies is beautiful in its own way, these three major towns draw in the most visitors every year.
Things to Do in Gatlinburg, TN
Gatlinburg abounds with breathtaking natural wonders and mountain landscapes.
This charming town has three separate entrances that lead straight into Great Smoky Mountains National Park with miles of trails for hiking, biking, ATV riding, and horseback riding, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Get Ripley’s 3-Attraction Combo Ticket and Save up to $35
Even if you’re not in the park, Gatlinburg offers tons of great and unique attractions including:
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- Gatlinburg Space Needle
- Mountain Coaster Ride
- Moving Theatre
- Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway
- Snow Tubing In Gatlinburg
- UTV Rentals In Gatlinburg
Places to Eat in Gatlinburg
Where To Stay in Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Campgrounds
- Gatlinburg Scenic Hideaway Cabin
- Private luxury for 2 Cabin rental
- Secluded 2 Bedroom Cabin
Things to Do In Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge is nestled in the east of Tennessee, just on the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains.
With so many things to see and do, this charming town offers everything you want on a vacation.
And we’re talking about world-class attractions including Dollywood, the best dining scene, unique events, accommodations for every budget, and all-around fun activities that cater to all types of vacationers.
- Best things to do in Pigeon Forge, TN
- Cheap things to do in Pigeon Forge
- Things to Do in Pigeon Forge with Toddlers
- Pigeon Forge discount tickets
- Things to Do in Pigeon Forge in Summer
- Glamping in Pigeon Forge
Where to Eat in Pigeon Forge
Where to Stay in Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Family Resorts
- Campgrounds in Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Cabin rentals
- Pigeon Forge Hotels Near The Island
Things to Do In Sevierville, TN
Sevierville is a quaint town in Tennessee located on the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains.
While it may not be as big and popular as the neighboring towns of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, this small town will pleasantly surprise you.
You’ll find interesting museums and the Sevier County Courthouse with a beautiful clock tower and the infamous statue of Dolly Parton located out front.
If there is one thing Sevierville is known for today, it’s definitely shopping! With two enormous outlet malls with over 120 shops.
- The Apple Barn Village
- Ripley’s Old MacDonald’s Farm Mini-Golf
- Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo
- Forbidden Caverns
Where to Eat in Sevierville
Where to Stay in Sevierville
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
If you haven’t decided yet on where to stay for your Smoky Mountains Vacation, considering one of these charming cabins in the Smoky Mountains that are perfect for every budget.
And if you’re looking for more places to visit in the Smokies, you can go at Wilderness at the Smokies Resort that offers tons of family friendly activities.