They say that there are two types of people during winter. Some want to escape the cold and want nothing to do with snow. Then some see winter as a great opportunity to go out and enjoy different winter outdoor activities that the season has to offer. For those who choose to stay active and embrace all that there is during the winter, here are the best outdoor activities you can do to spice up your cold, winter months.
Don’t Forget To Pin It For Later
Winter Outdoor Activities
The United States is one of the most geographically diverse countries providing plenty of opportunities for people to explore and enjoy everything there is during winter. With off-season prices and lesser crowds, winter is one of the best times to enjoy various winter outdoor activities like snow tubing, skiing, snowboarding, sledding, and ice skating to name a few.
“ Twenty-three percent of Americans prefer to go on vacation during the winter, instead of during the summer months, according to research conducted by flight-comparison site Jetcost.”Stats: 23% of Americans Prefer Winter Vacations
“Americans remain keen on winter vacations and in particular ski trips. Getting on the slopes remains the primary motivator for winter travel, but many other activities are high on the list, proof that a ski vacation is about much more than just skiing, according to a Nielsen poll of 774 travelers in the Northeastern United States, Ontario, and Québec.”THE EVOLUTION OF WINTER TRAVELERS AND THE FUTURE OF SKI VACATIONS
Benefits Of Doing Outdoor Activities In Winter
While there is nothing wrong with staying indoors with the family and enjoying the warmth inside your homes during the cold winter months you might want to consider the following reasons why it’s a good idea to go out and enjoy the outdoors. By being active and doing some winter outdoor activities you’re definitely making yourself a huge favor this winter season.
- Enjoy the winter sun and get you much-needed vitamin D.
- Helps you beat the winter blues and improve your mood.
- A chance to exercise and get those muscles moving.
- Boost your metabolism, and help you control winter weight gain
- Enjoy the fresh air and new sights
- Allow you to get away from bacteria and viruses that live indoors.
What Outdoor Activities Can We Enjoy In Winter?
The summer heat has mostly disappeared and the autumn leaves have fallen off of the trees which can only mean one thing, winter is near. But the cold months of winter don’t mean you have to stay indoors all the time because there are so many winter outdoor activities that you’ll certainly enjoy.
Skiing is a classic winter sport and one of the most popular winter activities there is. Slide down the breathtaking snowy mountains and experience fresh mountain air to release the stress of daily life. It’s also a great way to bond with family and friends, explore new or challenging terrains together.
Now, if you’re looking for places to ski in the USA, don’t you worry because we’ve listed down the best ski resorts you can add to your itinerary this winter.
- Best Ski Resorts In Virginia
- Best Ski Resorts In West Virginia
- 7 Best Ski Resorts In Pennsylvania
- 8 Best Ski Resorts In New York
- Best Ski Resorts In Tennessee
- 5 Best Ski Resorts In North Carolina
If you enjoy some good old sledding then you’ll definitely love snow tubing. It’s super fun plus it’s super easy to do. Although it’s a relatively easy winter activity, there are also places offering higher and steeper slopes for those adrenaline junkies out there. Check out these amazing resorts that offer snow tubing perfect for the whole crew!
- Best Places For Snow Tubing In West Virginia
- The Best Destinations For Snow Tubing In Ohio
- Awesome Spots For Snow Tubing In Virginia
- Snow Tubing In Gatlinburg
- Best Places For Snow Tubing In Pigeon Forge
- 7 Best Places For Snow Tubing In North Carolina
You Might Also Be Interested In our Other Outdoor Living Posts