Looking for the best places to travel in the US on a budget? You’ll find cheap family vacations in Tennessee that everyone will surely enjoy. Here is a Tennessee Vacation guide to help you plan your family getaway without breaking the bank.
Tennessee makes a great affordable family vacation destination, thanks to its abundance of natural resources including the millions of acres of national forest lands. Adding to that are plenty of urban getaways that are both fun and educational. Here are the best places to have an affordable Tennessee vacation with the whole family.
Everyone deserves a vacation, and it doesn’t have to be expensive in order to make a memorable getaway with the whole family. If you’re eyeing a vacation in Tennessee, but your budget isn’t exactly the biggest one, don’t worry.
Planning a budget-friendly family vacation in Tennessee is completely within your reach. Here is a guide for cheap family vacations in Tennessee.
Why Is Tennessee A Great Vacation Destination?
Tennessee is one of the best places to visit with the family. The state offers a wide variety of interesting and exciting things to do. Here are some of the reasons why Tennessee is a great family vacation destination.
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Which equals tons of outdoor fun and plenty of opportunities to soak up nature.
- Great Music. Tennessee has a rich heritage of all kinds of music, from classical and jazz to gospel and country.
- Food. From pulled pork to sweetly slathered ribs, Tennessee is famous for its mouthwatering barbecue and more!
- Weather. There is so much to see and do season after season in Tennessee. From spectacular natural sceneries to seasonal activities, visitors are sure to enjoy!
- Family Attractions. Tennessee offers tons of attractions that are perfect for people of all ages and different tastes.
- Budget-friendly family vacations. The state has so much natural beauty, along with several attractions, so there’s no shortage of opportunities to create memories in Tennessee for free or cheap!
Tennessee is rich in heritage and culture and boasts a variety of entertainment, nature, and fun places from one end to the other. And the reasons above are but a few of many things to enjoy when you visit the beautiful state of Tennessee.
Whether you’re bringing your RV to explore the entire state or going to a specific area to explore, you will not be disappointed in what Tennessee has to offer.
How Much Does It Cost To Visit Tennessee?
Not only is Tennessee an affordable place to live, but visitors don’t necessarily have to spend so much to enjoy their stay. The cost of visiting Tennessee greatly varies, but on average a 7-day vacation will cost:
- A solo traveler will need around $1000
- A family of 4 can expect to spend about $3,200+ USD
Tennessee is a year-round destination, with summertime being the peak season for a vacation. Hotel rates tend to increase and rooms book faster than normal during the peak season. Try to plan your family trip to Tennessee for November through March, during the off-season when there are fewer visitors.
And to make the most out of your trip to Tennessee without burning off all your vacation budget, check out our list of the best cheap family vacations in Tennessee below.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Download Your Free Smoky Mountains Checklist
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
If you’re visiting Tennessee, we recommend these awesome Cabins in the Smoky Mountains that suit every budget and need.
And to add to you’re itinerary, don’t miss Tennessee’s largest waterpark resort and family adventure center, Wilderness At The Smokies.