If you’re looking for the best places to travel in the US on a budget, you’ll never go wrong down south. Here are cheap family vacations in the South beaming with history, charm, and a whole lot more.
There are plenty of beautiful and unique places to visit in the South of the United States.
There are so many family-friendly ways to enjoy this part of the country without having to spend all of your travel budget.
With such diverse landscapes, extraordinary cultural heritage, and some of the best (if not the best) cuisine in the country, these stops make the perfect family travel destination for a cheap family vacation in the South.
Family Vacations In The South On A Budget
Bursting with unique and stunning places to explore, the American South has plenty of family vacation destinations, including places that families can enjoy on a budget. Here are 10 incredibly cheap family vacations in the South:
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Williamsburg, VA
- Pigeon Forge, TN
- Chattanooga, TN
- Outer Banks, NC
- Jekyll Island, GA
- Gulf Shores, AL
- Gatlinburg, TN
- Raleigh, NC
- St. Petersburg, FL
While summer can be an expensive time to visit the south, many of the southern states particularly Florida and Texas have summer-style weather that stretches until October that you can take advantage of. It is cheaper if you don’t plan your vacation from late June to early August.
Offering great weather, out-of-this-world beaches, awesome cuisine, and charming hospitality, the American south is a dream destination. Say hello to these budget-friendly family destinations in the South that you wouldn’t regret visiting.
Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary
I understand how difficult it can be to plan a trip, especially if it’s your first time going. That’s why I created this 7-day itinerary for the Smoky Mountains. It outlines all of the best places to go in the area and comes with insider tips that will save you a lot of stress–trust me, they saved me when I was planning my own trip!
- Our 7-day itinerary takes you to the best places in the Smoky Mountains.
- You’ll get to see all the best sights and attractions with driving directions
- The itinerary is designed to show you the most scenic routes.
- Packing Checklist for every season.
- You’ll have everything you need to make the most of your trip.
- Insider Tips!
Here’s a quick overview of our Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary.
- Day 1: Cades Cove Loop
- Day 2: Rich Mountain Road
- Day 3: Cataloochee Valley
- Day 4: Newfound Gap Road
- Day 5: Roaring Fork Motor Trail
- Day 6: Little River Road
- Day6: Foothills Parkway
- Best Places To Travel In March [In The US]
- 10 Easy To Make Cheap Camping Meals That Will Satisfy Your Whole Crew
- How To Snag Free Hotel Stays & Other Hotel Hacks To Save You Money!
- 10 Cheap Beach Vacations In The USA
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Planning to bring your little one on a vacation, but tight on budget? Check out our post on the 10 cheap family vacations with toddlers.